Contract type : Public service fixed-term contract
Level of qualifications required : Graduate degree or equivalent
Other valued qualifications : PhD in computer graphics
Fonction : Support functions
Level of experience : From 3 to 5 years
About the research centre or Inria department
Grenoble Rhône-Alpes Research Center groups together a few less than 800 people in 35 research teams and 9 research support departments.
Staff is localized on 5 campuses in Grenoble and Lyon, in close collaboration with labs, research and higher education institutions in Grenoble and Lyon, but also with the economic players in these areas.
Present in the fields of software, high-performance computing, Internet of things, image and data, but also simulation in oceanography and biology, it participates at the best level of international scientific achievements and collaborations in both Europe and the rest of the world.
Comper (project-name) is a start-up spun-off from the INRIA research lab, to be created in Summer 2019. It follows 6 years of R&D developing a large-scale framework supporting the development and prototyping of real-time computer vision and computer graphics solutions. The start-up is currently focused on the development of a motion-graphics software, due to be commercialized in 2020
We are hiring a Software Engineer to develop the 3D architecture within our internal framework. The critical part of the job will be developing a successful, Vulkan-based 3D real-time rendering PBR engine, similar to what can be found in recent AAA video games. This 3D renderer is a key stone in the features of our solution as it will provide a complete generalist real-time video production workflow.
Ideally, the candidate is motivated by the start-up and wants to get more responsibilities, eventually supervising part of the architectural choices and development of the internal framework of the company and possibly becoming Chief Technical Officer.
- Code architecturing and development in C++ within a large-scale framework
- Monitoring of state of the art solutions in computer graphics for the dedicated task
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of C and C++ 11
- Expert in development of graphics solutions based on Vulkan / OpenGL / GLSL shaders
- Real-time, PBR Lighting rendering algorithms
- Global knowledge of 3D computer graphics algorithms and techniques
- Comfortable with multi-threaded algorithms and debugging a multi-threaded softwar
- Experience in computer vision and image processing is a plus
- Experience with the Qt5 framework is a plus
- Subsidized meals
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking (after 6 months of employment) and flexible organization of working hours
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to vocational training
- Social security coverage
Salary : about 2 632€ gross/month depending on the experience
- Town/city : Montbonnot
- Inria Center : CRI Grenoble - Rhône-Alpes
- Starting date : 2019-05-01
- Duration of contract : 6 months
- Deadline to apply : 2019-04-30
- Inria Team : STIP-RAL (DGD-I)
Taillant Elise / firstname.lastname@example.org
The keys to success
- Highly motivated, willing to get more technical responsabilities
- Eventually willing to co-supervise technical leadership of the internal framework
Inria, the French national research institute for the digital sciences, promotes scientific excellence and technology transfer to maximise its impact. It employs 2,400 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally with academic partners, involve more than 3,000 scientists in meeting the challenges of computer science and mathematics, often at the interface of other disciplines. Inria works with many companies and has assisted in the creation of over 160 startups. It strives to meet the challenges of the digital transformation of science, society and the economy.
Instruction to apply
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.