Contract type : Public service fixed-term contract
Level of qualifications required : PhD or equivalent
Fonction : Post-Doctoral Research Visit
Level of experience : Up to 3 years
About the research centre or Inria department
Inria is a national research institute dedicated to digital sciences that promotes scientific excellence and transfer.
Inria employs 2,400 collaborators organised in research project teams, usually in collaboration with its academic partners.
This agility allows its scientists, from the best universities in the world, to meet the challenges of computer science and mathematics, either through multidisciplinarity or with industrial partners.
A precursor to the creation of Deep Tech companies, Inria has also supported the creation of more than 150 start-ups from its research teams.
Inria effectively faces the challenges of the digital transformation of science, society and the economy.
With the help of Ugo Dal Lago, the recruited person will be taken to study the properties of observational equivalence in a probabilistic scenario, with applications to cryptography
For a better knowledge of the proposed research subject :
 Ugo Dal Lago, Margherita Zorzi. Probabilistic operational semantics for the lambda calculus. RAIRO - Theor. Inf. and Applic. 46(3): 413-450 (2012).  Thomas Ehrhard, Michele Pagani, Christine Tasson:
Full Abstraction for Probabilistic PCF. J. ACM 65(4): 23:1-23:44 (2018).  Alberto Cappai, Ugo Dal Lago:
On Equivalences, Metrics, and Polynomial Time. FCT 2015: 311-323.
Main activities (5 maximum) :
- Study the literature on higher-order probabilistic programming
- Analyse the properties of observational equivalence.
- Give some alternative definitions in in the case of bounded time calculi
- Supervise a seminar.
- Subsidized meals
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking (after 6 months of employment) and flexible organization of working hours
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to vocational training
- Social security coverage
Gross Salary: 2650 brutto per month
- Theme/Domain :
Distributed programming and Software engineering
Information system (BAP E)
- Town/city : SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS
- Inria Center : CRI Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée
- Starting date : 2019-04-01
- Duration of contract : 6 months
- Deadline to apply : 2019-05-31
Inria, the French national research institute for the digital sciences, promotes scientific excellence and technology transfer to maximise its impact. It employs 2,400 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally with academic partners, involve more than 3,000 scientists in meeting the challenges of computer science and mathematics, often at the interface of other disciplines. Inria works with many companies and has assisted in the creation of over 160 startups. It strives to meet the challenges of the digital transformation of science, society and the economy.
Instruction to apply
Application file: Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Collecting applications by other channels is not guaranteed.
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.