Contract type : Public service fixed-term contract
Level of qualifications required : Graduate degree or equivalent
Other valued qualifications : PhD thesis
Fonction : Temporary scientific engineer
Level of experience : From 3 to 5 years
The objective is to take responsibility for the technical management of the compilation framework Apollo, dedicated to runtime speculative parallelization and optimization of programs, and to handle the development of specific LLVM passes.
With the help of researchers involved in the Apollo project, the recruited person will be taken to extend and maintain the Apollo software framework, and will also serve as the principal interlocutor with the user community.
For a better knowledge of the proposed research subject:
The current release of Apollo, as well as technical presentations and scientific references are available at the following URL: http://apollo.gforge.inria.fr.
The recruited person will be in connection with PhD and Master students who take part of Apollo's extensions and improvements.
The person recruited is responsible for the software developments related to Apollo and will take initiatives for significant improvements and extensions.
The person recruited will be in charge of the technical management (extensions, improvements, publication of new releases, benchmarking), as well as some human management (user community, supervision of students).
- Improvement and extensions of the Apollo LLVM analysis & transformation passes
- Implement extensions related to inter-procedural analysis and dynamic scheduling
- Implement improvements and correct bugs
- Lead a user community
- Write documentation and reports
- Supervise students
- Contribute to scientific publications
- Present the works’ progress to the research team and to the international community
Technical skills and level required: expertise in Clang/LLVM, C/C++ programming and Linux/Unix systems; good knowledge of assembly language and processor architecture; knowledge of compilers and compilation techniques; knowledge of parallelism and code parallelization techniques.
Languages: fluent English.
Relational skills: ability to work in a team, capacity to listen and to share.
- Subsidised catering service
- Partially-reimbursed public transport
- Social security
- Paid leave
- French courses
Remuneration : between 2632 € and 3540 € according to experience and diploma.
- Theme/Domain :
Architecture, Languages and Compilation
Software engineering (BAP E)
- Town/city : Strasbourg
- Inria Center : CRI Nancy - Grand Est
- Starting date : 2019-05-01
- Duration of contract : 2 years
- Deadline to apply : 2019-06-30
The keys to success
- Essential qualities in order to fulfil this assignment are feeling at ease in an environment of scientific dynamics and wanting to learn and listen.
- Passionate about innovation, with expertise in Clang/LLVM, C/C++ development and strong influencing skills. A thesis or significant experience in the field of optimizing compilers, as well as a significant experience with the LLVM compilation framework, are real assets.
Inria, the French national research institute for the digital sciences, promotes scientific excellence and technology transfer to maximise its impact. It employs 2,400 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally with academic partners, involve more than 3,000 scientists in meeting the challenges of computer science and mathematics, often at the interface of other disciplines. Inria works with many companies and has assisted in the creation of over 160 startups. It strives to meet the challenges of the digital transformation of science, society and the economy.
Instruction to apply
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.