Contract type : Public service fixed-term contract
Level of qualifications required : Graduate degree or equivalent
Fonction : PhD Position
A PhD position is available in Gang team (hosted in Paris Diderot University). It is funded by ANR project Multimod about designing algorithms for multimodal transports.
Recent progress for fast journey queries in transport network let us envision a new generation of itinerary engines supporting more complex queries and mixing several modes of transport. The study will especially focus on recent hub labeling schemes [1,2,3] that provide a very compact representation of all distances in such graphs. Two main challenges will be targeted: integrating several modes of transport and adapting to some level of dynamicity with respect to real time updates .
 Adrian Kosowski, Laurent Viennot. Beyond Highway Dimension: Small Distance Labels Using Tree Skeletons. SODA 2017.
 Sibo Wang, Wenqing Lin, Yi Yang, Xiaokui Xiao, Shuigeng Zhou. Efficient Route Planning on Public Transportation Networks: A Labelling Approach. SIGMOD Conference 2015.
 Daniel Delling, Julian Dibbelt, Thomas Pajor, Renato F. Werneck. Public Transit Labeling. SEA 2015.
 Hannah Bast, Jonas Sternisko, Sabine Storandt. Delay-Robustness of Transfer Patterns in Public Transportation Route Planning. ATMOS 2013.
Road/Transportation network project at Gang: https://files.inria.fr/gang/road/
- Conception of algorithms for transport networks.
- Implementation of algorithms and evaluation on real data.
- Data mining and robustness of algorithms with respect to dynamicity.
Location: Université Paris Diderot (bâtiment Sophie Germain), 8 place Aurélie Nemours 75013 Paris, France
Good background on graph algorithms is required.
- Subsidized meals
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking (after 6 months of employment) and flexible organization of working hours
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to vocational training
- Social security coverage
- Theme/Domain :
Networks and Telecommunications
System & Networks (BAP E)
- Town/city : Paris
- Inria Center : CRI de Paris
- Starting date : 2019-10-01
- Duration of contract : 3 years
- Deadline to apply : 2019-05-22
Inria, the French national research institute for the digital sciences, promotes scientific excellence and technology transfer to maximise its impact. It employs 2,400 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally with academic partners, involve more than 3,000 scientists in meeting the challenges of computer science and mathematics, often at the interface of other disciplines. Inria works with many companies and has assisted in the creation of over 160 startups. It strives to meet the challenges of the digital transformation of science, society and the economy.
Instruction to apply
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.