Contract type : Fixed-term contract
Renewable contract : Oui
Level of qualifications required : A levels or equivalent
Fonction : Temporary scientific engineer
Level of experience : From 3 to 5 years
DeepSearch is a machine learning powered search engine that allows you to perform fine-grained search efficiently by filtering the content of the internet according to your own needs.
The project, founded by Leo Cances (finishing his PhD in deep semi-supervised learning at the Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse) and Romain Zimmer (Télécom Paris 2019), is currently under development at Inria's Startup Studio in Paris.
You will work directly with the founding team and will be responsible for the development the company’s website and the user interface for the core features of the search engine, from scratch.
Main activities :
- Collaborate with the founding team to design and develop the user interface of the core features of the search engine (content indexing, machine learning model testing, search, ...)
- Develop and maintain the company's website
- Experience building great web apps (preferably using React.js)
- Professional Working English
Nice to have :
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience building unit tests
- Strong interest for UI/UX design
- Basic understanding of machine learning
- Back end experience
- Work experience in startups
- Subsidized meals
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking (after 6 months of employment) and flexible organization of working hours
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to vocational training
Salary : based on experience and qualifications.
- Town/city : Paris
- Inria Center : CRI de Paris
- Starting date : 2021-05-04
- Duration of contract : 6 months
- Deadline to apply : 2021-06-30
- Inria Team : INCUB-PRO
Zimmer Romain / email@example.com
The keys to success
We are looking for a quick learner, passionate about web technologies and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You should be able to take full ownership of the front end development, be a great team player and love teaching/learning from others.
Inria is the French national research institute dedicated to digital science and technology. It employs 2,600 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally run jointly with academic partners, include more than 3,500 scientists and engineers working to meet the challenges of digital technology, often at the interface with other disciplines. The Institute also employs numerous talents in over forty different professions. 900 research support staff contribute to the preparation and development of scientific and entrepreneurial projects that have a worldwide impact.
Instruction to apply
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.