Contract type : Fixed-term contract
Renewable contract : Oui
Level of qualifications required : PhD or equivalent
Fonction : Post-Doctoral Research Visit
Within the framework of a partnership
- the ERC Advanced Grant "Lattices in a Parallel and Quantum World" (PARQ)
The researcher will be hosted by the Computer Science Department of the Ecole normale supérieure (ENS), located in downtown Paris (5th arrondissement).
There are possibilities to extend the contract. There is flexibility for the starting date.
For a better knowledge of the proposed research subject :
Lattices are mathematical objects which have emerged in the past twenty years as a key technique for public-key cryptography: the ongoing standardization of homomorphic encryption and the majority of the candidates to NIST’s post-quantum standardization rely on the conjectured hardness of lattice problems.
The PARQ project aims at readying lattice-based cryptography for real-world deployment, by protecting it against the most powerful adversaries, from ASIC farms to quantum computers. It will study the best parallel and quantum algorithms for lattice problems, and propose automated tools to select safe parameters.
The recruited person will be in connection with the P.I. Phong Nguyen, as well as Frédéric Magniez and Brice Minaud.
The goal is to study the best parallel and quantum algorithms for lattice problems, as well as design new tools to select safe parameters for lattice-based cryptography.
Languages : English.
Other valued appreciated : Curiosity
- Subsidized meals
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking and flexible organization of working hours (after 12 months of employment)
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to vocational training
Remuneration will be determined by degree and experience.
- Theme/Domain :
Algorithmics, Computer Algebra and Cryptology
Scientific computing (BAP E)
- Town/city : Paris
- Inria Center : Centre Inria de Paris
- Starting date : 2023-01-01
- Duration of contract : 12 months
- Deadline to apply : 2023-06-30
- Inria Team : CASCADE
Nguyen Phong-quang / Phong-Quang.Nguyen@inria.fr
The keys to success
The candidate is expected:
- to have expertise in lattices and their algorithmic aspects, or quantum algorithms.
- to have obtained a PhD related to lattice algorithms or quantum algorithms.
- to have published in major conferences such as CRYPTO, EUROCRYPT, STOC, FOCS, SODA, QIP.
Inria is the French national research institute dedicated to digital science and technology. It employs 2,600 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally run jointly with academic partners, include more than 3,500 scientists and engineers working to meet the challenges of digital technology, often at the interface with other disciplines. The Institute also employs numerous talents in over forty different professions. 900 research support staff contribute to the preparation and development of scientific and entrepreneurial projects that have a worldwide impact.
Instruction to apply
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.