Contract type : Fixed-term contract
Level of qualifications required : Graduate degree or equivalent
Fonction : PhD Position
Level of experience : Recently graduated
The objective of this thesis project is to explore alternative simulation techniques to MCMC methods for the simulation of stochastic lattice models. These will have to be validated both theoretically and numerically and be competitive with the algorithms from the literature on a number of models of interest. To this end, we will focus on modeling, estimating and simulating the contours formed by nodes of the lattice with common characteristics, which will require the development of specific methods for qualitative and quantitative comparison of configurations. A significant part of the project will be devoted to the development of an efficient and interactive simulation library.
- Subsidized meals
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking (after 6 months of employment) and flexible organization of working hours
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to vocational training
- Social security coverage
1st and 2nd year: 2051 euros gross salary /month
3rd year: 2158 euros gross salary / month
- Theme/Domain : Computational Biology
- Town/city : ENS de lyon - Laboratoire RDP
- Inria Center : Centre Inria de Lyon
- Starting date : 2023-10-01
- Duration of contract : 3 years
- Deadline to apply : 2023-06-10
- Inria Team : MOSAIC (DGD-S)
PhD Supervisor :
Azais Romain / Romain.Azais@inria.fr
Inria is the French national research institute dedicated to digital science and technology. It employs 2,600 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally run jointly with academic partners, include more than 3,500 scientists and engineers working to meet the challenges of digital technology, often at the interface with other disciplines. The Institute also employs numerous talents in over forty different professions. 900 research support staff contribute to the preparation and development of scientific and entrepreneurial projects that have a worldwide impact.
Instruction to apply
Apply via the jobs.inria.fr platform
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.