Lab Manager (H/F)
Contract type : Fixed-term contract
Renewable contract : Yes
Level of qualifications required : Graduate degree or equivalent
Fonction : Support functions
Corps d'accueil : Ingénieur d'Etudes (IE)
Level of experience : From 3 to 5 years
The ArticuLab, a research group that is a part of the project-team ALMAnaCH at Inria Paris (France), is seeking a lab manager to manage the group’s projects.
The mission of the ArticuLabo is to study human interaction in social and cultural contexts as the input into computational systems that in turn help us to better understand human interaction, and to improve and support human capabilities in areas that really matter. For more information the ArticuLab, see its website :http://articulab.hcii.cs.cmu.edu/."
Placed under the hierarchical responsibility of the project team leader and under the functional responsibility of the ArticuLab group's lead, the lab manager ensures administrative oversight of ArticuLab projects in accordance with the institution's rules and procedures.
The lab manager participates in defining and implementing an action plan consistent with the assigned responsibilities, objectives, and human and material resources
SPECIFIC NATURE OF THE POSITION
- Continuous coordination with the ArticuLab group lead and close coordination with the project team leader.
- Management of relationships with partners.
- Combination of communication and management tasks.
Potential travel within Paris and across France if needed for the projects.
- Required on-site presence for a minimum of 4 days per week.
- Organize and coordinate group members, human resources, logistics, technical and material resources necessary to achieve project objectives.
- Participate in the recruitment process (job descriptions creation, candidate pre-selection) and management of interns hired for the projects in coordination with the team members.
- Manage job applications for project personnel recruitment.
- Organize and lead project meetings involving various stakeholders.
- Draft progress reports related to the projects’ status.
- Contribute to the smooth execution of experiments in the context of the projects: manage participant recruitment and data collection, storage, and processing.
- Establish and maintain relationships with schools, after-school programs, museums, healthcare centers, and other research partners in France and abroad.
- Act as the main point of contact for these partners and ensure effective and continuous communication.
- Assist with lab visitor reception.
- Contribute to the creation of annual reports and surveys, ensuring compliance with reporting requirements, both for the Articulab group and the project team.
Communication of Project Results
- Organize or participate in organizing activities to increase the visibility of ArticuLab group projects and ensure accessibility of share-able data and project results.
- Develop internal and external communications in collaboration with the Paris Inria marketing and communications team
This list of activities is not exhaustive and may evolve based on the group's priorities.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with research partners (schools, extracurricular organizations, institutions specialized in the dissemination of scientific knowledge, healthcare centers, other researchers in France and abroad).
- Creating summaries, drafting reports and other documents.
- Proficiency in using Content Management Systems (CMS) and updating websites (WordPress, HTML).
- A strong sense of organization and practicality.
- Designing and updating dashboards.
- Building a trusting relationship with stakeholders and proposing solutions through collaboration.
- Mastery of office tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Being attentive and a good listener
- Enjoying sharing knowledge / teaching
- Having an initiative-driven mindset
- Asking for help when needed
- Being responsive/dynamic
- Being rigorous/organized/knowing how to persevere
- Having a sense of confidentiality
- subsidized lunches
- Partially reimbursed public transportation
- Leaves: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 RTT days + possibility of exceptional leave permissions (e.g., sick children, moving).
- Possibility of teleworking
- Flexible work arrangements (after 12 months of employment)
- Professional equipment available (video conferencing, loan of IT equipment, etc.)
- Vibrant subsidized social, cultural, and sports activities
- Access to professional training
- Social security / Health insurance
Compensation based on profile and experience
- Theme/Domain : Language, Speech and Audio
- Town/city : Paris
- Inria Center : Centre Inria de Paris
- Starting date : 2024-02-01
- Duration of contract : 1 year
- Deadline to apply : 2024-03-31
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.
Instruction to apply
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
The keys to success
- Méthodologie de conduite de projet
- Bonnes pratiques dans l’éthique de la recherche
- Connaissance générale des principes et techniques de la communication
- Langue anglaise et française : B2 à C2 cadre européen commun de référence pour les langues)
- Connaissance de l’organisation et du fonctionnement de la recherche et de l’enseignement supérieur
Expérience en psychologie développementale, imagerie neuronale, autisme appréciée.
Expérience avec l’experimentation appréciée.
Disposer d’une expérience en gestion de projet dans la recherche serait également un plus.
Inria is the French national research institute dedicated to digital science and technology. It employs 2,600 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally run jointly with academic partners, include more than 3,500 scientists and engineers working to meet the challenges of digital technology, often at the interface with other disciplines. The Institute also employs numerous talents in over forty different professions. 900 research support staff contribute to the preparation and development of scientific and entrepreneurial projects that have a worldwide impact.