Contract type : Public service fixed-term contract
Renewable contract : Oui
Level of qualifications required : Graduate degree or equivalent
Fonction : Temporary scientific engineer
Level of experience : From 3 to 5 years
About the research centre or Inria department
Located at the heart of the main national research and higher education cluster, member of the Université Paris Saclay, a major actor in the French Investments for the Future Programme (Idex, LabEx, IRT, Equipex) and partner of the main establishments present on the plateau, the centre is particularly active in three major areas: data and knowledge; safety, security and reliability; modelling, simulation and optimisation (with priority given to energy).
The 450 researchers and engineers from Inria and its partners who work in the research centre's 28 teams, the 100 research support staff members, the high-level equipment at their disposal (image walls, high-performance computing clusters, sensor networks), and the privileged relationships with prestigious industrial partners, all make Inria Saclay Île-de-France a key research centre in the local landscape and one that is oriented towards Europe and the world.
The mission of the Experimentation and Development Services (SED) is to support, lead and coordinate technological development within each Inria Research Centre. They develop technical infrastructures, define and disseminate good practices and tools for technological development. They also have a strategic role in defining the centre's local technological research policy and anticipate major trends in this field.
The SEDs work in a network coordinated by the Directorate General for Innovation (DGD-I. This organization allows a national vision of actions and a coordination of resources.
SED Inria Saclay is currently composed of 6 permanent engineers, a fixed-term engineer, a service assistant and a service manager.
The SED's missions are articulated around three axes:
- Co-development with Inria team-project: an SED engineer is generally assigned 70% of his time within one or two Inria teams. Each SED engineer is also a referent for a few teams for any question related to software development.
- Participation in the implementation, maintenance, support and development of technological platforms. These platforms are in Saclay the WILDER image wall and the FabLab (as part of the Equipex Digiscope), the IoT-Lab (Internet of Things as part of the Equipex FIT) and the Gulliver, TomPouce and POST clusters. SED engineers also participate in national platforms such as forges (gforge and gitlab) and a continuous integration platform.
- Leading a development network within the centre: setting up training, sharing technology watch and discussions on technological development. SED engineers are also required to supervise young graduate engineers as part of technological development actions.
The hired engineer will be a member of the SED and as such will participate in the missions of the service detailed above. He will be assigned to one or two project teams following a decision by the Commission de Développement Technologique du Centre de Saclay.
Since engineers work in high-level research teams in a wide range of fields, we are looking for a versatile, curious engineer with a passion for IT development, excellent adaptability and good interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of software development issues (design, version management, testing, documentation, continuous integration, etc...)
- Significant experience in functional programming with OCaml, including a good understanding of modules and functors
- Knowledge of formal calculation
- Writing skills and fluency in scientific and technical English
- Restauration subventionnée
- Transports publics remboursés partiellement
- Sécurité sociale
- Congés payés
- Aménagement du temps de travail
- Installations sportives
- Town/city : PALAISEAU
- Inria Center : CRI Saclay - Île-de-France
- Starting date : 2019-04-01
- Duration of contract : 1 year, 1 month
- Deadline to apply : 2019-05-31
- Inria Team : SED-SAC
Gilles Sébastien / firstname.lastname@example.org
The keys to success
Etant donné que l’ingénieur est amené à travailler au sein d’équipes de recherche de haut niveau dans des thématiques assez diverses, nous recherchons un ingénieur polyvalent, curieux, passionné de développement informatique, doté d’une excellente capacité d’adaptation et disposant de bonnes qualités relationnelles.
Inria, the French national research institute for the digital sciences, promotes scientific excellence and technology transfer to maximise its impact. It employs 2,400 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally with academic partners, involve more than 3,000 scientists in meeting the challenges of computer science and mathematics, often at the interface of other disciplines. Inria works with many companies and has assisted in the creation of over 160 startups. It strives to meet the challenges of the digital transformation of science, society and the economy.
Instruction to apply
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.